BACK TO SCHOOL PROGRAM
This program targets school-aged children of low-income families. Participants receive a backpack with school supplies and two new back to school outfits, including underwear, socks, and shoes. The backpack, supplies, and clothing are given to the children at the Back-2-School Picnic.
We are excited to announce that applications for our Back 2 School Program is open!
• Apply at Good Samaritan Ministries located on 100 N Roan Street, Johnson City TN or our Piney Flats office at 331 Industrial Road. Application hours are between 8:30am-11:30am and 12:45pm-3:00pm M-F.
Before applying, please ensure that you have:
1. Proof of income. This can be a work check stub, Social Security, food stamp letter or free or reduced lunch letter.
2. Proof of lease or mortgage.
3. Photo ID.
(1) Become a sponsor. By sponsoring a backpack, you’ll be helping to provide disadvantaged children in our community a strong start for the school year. The cost to sponsor a backpack is $35.00 (Per Child). You may send your donation to P.O. Box 2441, Johnson City, TN 37605 or you may donate online, or you can call 423-928-1958 to donate over the phone.
(2) Organize a school supply drive
If you have any questions please feel free to call our office at 423-928-0288.