Good Samaritan Ministries provides a variety of food services to low-income residents of Northeast Tennessee. Our food services provide opportunities for neighbors to obtain food boxes, lunches, emergency food boxes, and special program boxes.
Food insecurity is a growing issue across the region and across the country. According to data from the 2020 Feeding America “Map the Meal Gap” program, the food insecurity rate is about 15% in Northeast Tennessee. To combat the growing rate of food insecurity, Good Samaritan Ministries offers monthly, weekly and daily food assistance to our low-income and homeless neighbors.
Current Food Assistance Services
- Daily Lunch For HomelessGood Samaritan Ministries serves daily lunches to low-income and homeless neighbors.
- Monthly Food BoxesGood Samaritan Ministries provides a monthly food box to our neighbors who do not meet USDA eligibility requirements.
- Special Program Food BoxesGood Samaritan Ministries distributes food boxes for families through participation in seasonal special program services.
- USDA Food BoxesGood Samaritan Ministries provides a USDA-supported food box to our neighbors.
- Weekend Grab BagsGood Samaritan Ministries provides a “grab bag” of weekend food items to our homeless neighbors.